1. All of the rules are subject to Staff interpretation.
2. Action will also be taken against users who try to find loopholes and use the grey areas of the rules.
3. You may be warned or muted by a staff member if you are being a bad presence in the room, even if you have not broken a rule.
4. If you feel you have been wrongly muted, PM a Room Moderator (@) or Room Owner (#) with proof to support your cause.
5. Please do not debate about the rules in chat. If you think a rule is unfair, PM a staff member and they will inform the necessary people. Note that our room's policy is not as restrictive than others, so you might see some "borderline" rule-breaking. You might consider it unfair that some are called out, while others are not. The fact remains that they are not considered to be breaking the rules, and if anyone was corrected/warned/muted, that person did.
7. Trolling or spamming are punishable offenses and you will be hourmuted or roombanned.
8. Ask a staff member (% or higher) for permission before posting any link, whether video or image. Posting inappropriate/offensive/NSFW links will most likely result in a hourmute or roomban.
9. Advertisement of any YouTube videos/channels is also not tolerated and the link will be immediately disabled. Pokémon Showdown has its own YouTube room for that purpose.
10. Replays can be in any tier, as long as at least one player has a monotype team.
11. League/Clan promotion is disallowed unless hosting a tournament, provided a link to the brackets is posted. Advertising leagues hosted on other servers is also not allowed. Asking for people interested in joining to PM you counts as promotion.
12. Advertising tournaments on any other server is not allowed.
13. Don't continue on a discussion that is meant for private messages. If a staff has to tell you to stop and you continue on with the topic, a mute will occur.
14. Lenny and emojis are not allowed in the room. If you use lennies or emojis, you will be punished in whatever way a staff member deems necessary.
BEHAVIOUR IN THE ROOM:
1. Don’t be rude to staff. The voices, drivers, moderators, and owners of this room know the rules very well, and they are only doing what’s best for you. Action will be taken against any insult directed towards a staff member, regardless of whether the said staff member is present in the room at the time.
2. Don’t insult anyone on their Monotype team or views. Those who visit the room frequently are good at what they do. Not being a member of staff does not indicate that a user is bad at battling.
3. Be constructive with any criticism. Help others with their teams, and offer helpful hints to improve upon it if necessary. Being rude will hurt others' feelings along with defaming your reputation.
4. Verbal harassment of anyone is not tolerated by any means. It will result in a mute or a ban if required. If you harass someone via PM, you may be reported to the global staff and be locked from talking.
5. The main chat is not a place to fight your personal wars. If you are offended with something a user said, regardless of their status in the room, take it to PM.
6. Abuse of formatting while talking is prohibited (CAPs and bold). While italics are allowed for emphasis.
7. While off-topic conversation is not prohibited, it should be appropriate. Steering chat off-topic can result in a warn or mute if the staff deems it necessary to maintain decorum in the room.
Revealing sets, teams, strategies, etc. will not be tolerated, regardless of whether you joined the tour or not.
If the tournament is being hosted on Challonge, report your own scores whenever possible, but please be honest. If you are discovered to be cheating, you can be banned from further tournaments.
Please don't be a sore loser (or winner). It doesn't help your reputation in the room at all.
All tournaments in the Monotype room require you to use a Monotype team unless you have been specifically told otherwise, regardless of the format the tournament is in. To be sure you are bringing the right team to every tournament, make sure to read all the announcements during the sign-ups phase of the tournaments in the room.